The Shape of an Experience

That impression you get of a person when they cross your line in bad taste may end up being the only scenario that plays in your mind every time you see or it gets to your mind to have them be subject of a thought moment for the rest of your days.

And you think of how...
He never gave me a moment to hear me out.
He treated us like thieves, shouted at us and told us off. 
I was in need, how comes they could not see it?
Vulnerable as I was, she did not believe me. 
He took me there knowing very well that I would be beaten.
We had nothing to do with it but she still punished us. 
I was an obedient boy but he still judged me otherwise. 
My intentions and purpose were right, he just was blinded to see it. 
He made the same mistake too many times! He hurt me.
I could remember numerous times when individuals who knowingly or without prejudice would or even did leave a scar in my heart along the way.

In life, every one person is going through something, whether they know it or not. At times, and maybe all the time, our experiences shapes us to be who we are. Experiences sets up to end up looking at things differently. To act and react like we do.

We face extreme situations. We go through something we have never gone through before. We are stretched beyond what we thought our limits were.  We give our all until there is nothing to give but we days still dawns, the future becomes the next second and still we breath and live.

Every new day, we are becoming the total sum of the experiences we are going through. We are labeled to the tune of our experiences. The Bible is full of names of people and places that were named out of experiences.

It may take time but you look back and realize you are a shadow of the shape you once were.  Life has happened. With it all came new experiences and you got shaped and sharpened in ways that words won't paint it all.

Through our experiences,
  • We are made stronger at our time of weaknesses, that we may face the future bold and better.
  • We are left void and vulnerable that we may learn to rely on God even when the way is not clear. 
  • We are sharpened to be tools of hope for those that will come after us, those who look up to us for an answer that speaks life to the sojourner.
You are becoming someone day after day. Take control of your life. Experience what you need to experience but remember you are in charge of the sails, even though the wind may brow as it may.

I have had moments of tears, of pain and of joy.
I have had hopeful moments and moments of misty hope.
I have gone through all that has been my lot this far.
But I could not have learnt,
I could not have made it,
Had I been alone in a life I have never leaved before.
Every second that passes by, Every breath,
God.

You are the pilot. It is a God given mandate. To take Charge. To shape your life. To be the best you.

You are not planted, just waiting for whatever wind hits you that you may fall away. You are that you be better. 

Go for experiences that add value to who you are, and who you become. God is watching to see you shine from the rubble of your experiences to a greater person worthy of His calling.

That when the equation of the experiences you have gone through cancel each other, you will be left a better you.

The people living in darkness have seen a great light, and for those living in the land and shadow of death, a light has risen. Mathew 4:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your take on this article?