Teach Me To Trust You

As the date approached, I found myself really trying to think about a plan B. I needed things to work out. I needed everything to be perfect. I needed to make the day a success. I wanted to feel assured. I wanted to know that all will be well. I wanted so many things.... Oh how I would whisper them to God as I went on with my daily activities!

I would ask God questions as I searched to get confirmation for my heart. I was nervous and bold at the same time. I was sure and confused. I was in a state of expectation an hope, against hope.

Then He moved me away from the noise of the confusion and expectations. He brought me to tranquil peace. He ministered peace to my heart. He told me to listed.

"Son, Trust me." He said.

I struggled with that voice. How do I trust you my God?

In a time of nothingness and much expectations, I must have felt like the servant of Elijah, who left the prophet on his knees and to go look for the sign of a cloud.... and seven times he came back with the answer:

and I quote: “There is nothing there,” he said.

and seven times, Elijah told the servant, “Go back.”

How I covert the trust this man of God had in God. He was assured that God would never fail him.

He trusted God. He knew God will always Keep his word. He knew god would never disappoint at His appointed time. He is the God who answers!

Unlike Elijah, I needed to lean how to trust God. The journey was long, We had covered long miles. And maybe I was growing weary...

So I told God,

'Teach me to trust you.' I mumbled this prayer so many a times whenever I found myself sandwiched between hope and circumstances.

I trusted God, He gave me peace for my anxieties, Joy instead of worries, and a blessed assurance that everything will work out together for good.

The date came and passed and God surpassed my expectations.

He has filled my heart with gladness, For I have chosen to trust in Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your take on this article?