It Takes A Man

For a boy to be a man, he need the presence of another man in his life. Problem is that many boys are growing in the company of their mothers and sisters. There is a scarcity of men in the life of today's boy. As a mother, you can give birth to a boy, you can suckle him, you can feed him, take him to school but you are not equipped to make a man out of that boy. It takes a man to make a man.

You are a single mum or married to a 'busy' husband; that is not where I am at, what I need you to know is that that boy need a man in his life. I do not mean to say you get into a relationship for the sake of your boy or you ditch your 'busy' husband for another 'worthy man - NOT AT ALL. Have you ever told a man, be it a church or wherever good place (e.g. family and relatives) to just talk to your boy? My experience is that most women do this when the boy has turned rogue. That is when they realize 'This human being I delivered need a man talk and I am not in a position to deliver it.'

Ever read rich dad poor dad?(Its a good book - That's not an endorsement) In all that that book had to teach me, one of the most invaluable lessons I learnt was the wealth that a boy gains when he 'falls' into the hands of a real man. In whose hands is this boy? Other kids? His school mates and team mates? Please, that boy need a company of men. He need to relate what where and what he is to be, a man. So you need to ask yourself whether in the midst of all personalities that inhibit the presence, life and time of that boy that you so love, does my boy interact with a man of substance. (Can I say clearly that I am not saying you need to fall in love with this man?)

When a boy gets a chance to be heard by men (Be it he is a stammerer or just says one sentence in their midst the whole time) it changes him, it plants a seed of manhood in him, he gets to be directed, to be trained, he gets an opportunity to see what he aught to be. He gains a determined heart. He acquires a desire to be a man. He starts the journey to realize his masculinity, to be a gentleman (men can't live an emotional life - a lady can and does, that's a beautiful life for her - train a man to be emotional and he becomes a wretch)

I have felt the need to say that and I believe it is for posterity. Thank you and God Bless You.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your take on this article?