Learning to Wait.

Waiting is never easy. You count years, number the months, sum up the weeks, mention them days, watch as the hours pass, you look at the watch, look away, get something to do and time goes on and you just have to wait.
The price-worth of the wait may not even be quantifiable. The problem is not the long wait, it is the last few hours when the wait is just about to be over. It is then that you look backwards and see the price you have paid waiting. Moments of intensive tension. Then it happens that you have to wait some few more seconds. What happens is you get to the tipping point, about to topple over and then you stabilize, then you almost topple and right there, you almost give it all up. You have waited for a longest time, you have exercised all your patience reserves. You have come the longest distance ever, then it is about over with the waiting and you are about to give up!
The other day I found myself waiting for something I had really waited for. I wanted to give up, sulk and lie to myself how I was gonna forget it. I looked back, peeped at whats ahead and am can say am so happy for swallowing that pride, and waiting until the end. If you value what your waiting for, then show it by your patience.
Ask yourself; how far have I come? Very far. Okay. What is the remaining distance compared to the distance already covered? Too small. Ok. Drop the penny pride and wait.
Have something to do as you wait. Its amazing how much one can learn as they wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What is your take on this article?